The collection essentially highlights the Recent Buys I have discovered throughout the dividend blog community. I always like to see what others are buying. And with this collection, one can easily see all the buys in one centralized source. I Hope everyone has found it to be a great resource!
In case you just want a quick summary of what everyone has been buying this past month, below is a chart that depicts just that! :)
(The chart and table above only includes companies with more than 3 buys)
During the month of September, a total of 102 buys were found throughout the DGI community. This was 30 less buys than last month so it appears there was a slight pull-back in buying activity this past month. However, with growing optimism that the Feds may delay their rate increases until later this year or possibly early next year, there appears to be a new wave of buying activity to start the month of October.
To summarize the past month, out of a total of 102 buys found around the DGI community, a total of 59 companies were purchased, with 22 companies bought more than once. We generally see a little more consistency among DGI investors. But for some reason, the buying activity this past month appeared to be more spread out. After all, 57.8% of the time, DGI investors picked up a stock that was not purchased by others in the DGI community.
- The most popular company this past month was Emerson Electric (EMR), which was purchased by 7 different investors throughout the DGI community. EMR was the 2nd most popular purchase back in August.
- In second place was Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B), which was purchased by 6 different investors throughout the DGI community. RDS.B was not even in the top 10 last month.
- Third place was was Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) with a total of 5 buys.
- In forth place was a tie between Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) and Unilever Plc (UL) with a total of 4 buys.
- And fifth place saw a 3-way tie between Kinder Morgan, Inc (KMI), Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT), and Caterpiller, Inc. (CAT).
- Exxon Mobil (XOM), Phillip Morris (PM), Abbot Laboratories (ABT), AT&T Inc (T); Amgen Inc (AMGN), GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), ConocoPhillips (COP); BP Plc (BP); Chevron Corp (CVX); Enbridge Inc (ENB); T Rowe Price Group Inc (TROW); Archer Daniels Midland Co (ADM); Omega Health Care (OHI); and United Technologies Corp (UTX).
Last month our family made a total of 17 buys for our family's dividend stocks portfolio. It's tough to repeat a record breaking month like that for consecutive months. We still made a total of three purchases as we bought Emerson Electric (EMR), Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B), and Kinder Morgan, Inc (KMI) this past month.
What have you been buying? Please feel free to share in the comments or send me a link to your Recent Buy post in case I happened to have missed it.
Don't forget to bookmark or add this page to your favorites!!
If you have a chance, make sure you also take a look at my COLLECTION OF STOCK ANALYSES!! As with my collection of recent buys, my goal is to make this collection also become a centralized source for everyone. It could become a place where one can get ideas on what to invest in next, to establish a desired stock purchase price, or simply to see what your favorite bloggers are buying. Whatever your reason, my hope is that this collection proves to be a great reference tool and helps provide you that little extra advantage that you are looking for in order to succeed with your investing.