Sunday, November 13, 2016

Collection of RECENT BUYS (October 2016 Summary)

Since I began investing in dividend stocks approximately two years ago I've been keeping a personal log of what other dividend bloggers and dividend investors are buying.  Until now, I've just done it for my own personal knowledge and it has proven to be a great resource I use when I have no idea what I should buy. 

The collection essentially highlights the Recent Buys I have discovered throughout the dividend blog community. I always like to see what others are buying.  And with this collection, one can easily see all the buys in one centralized source. I Hope everyone has found it to be a great resource!

In case you just want a quick summary of what everyone has been buying this past month, below is a chart that depicts just that! :)

During the month of October a total of 74 buys were found throughout the DGI community. Although we logged in more buys this past month compared to the month of September, it appears that we are seeing more investors selling recently. With the Dow Jones seemingly content hovering just above 18,000, and the upcoming presidential election in November, it appears that many DGI investors are looking to cash in some profits and sit on the sidelines to watch the election results and how it will impact the markets. 
Below is a chart that shows those companies that were purchased more than once this past month.   
To summarize the past month, out of a total of 64 buys found around the DGI community, a total of 43 companies were purchased with a total of only 16 companies that were bought more than once.  From the buys collected,  DGI investors picked up a stock not purchased by others 67.1% of the time. This percentage is consistent with the average that we've seen in the last few months. I love seeing the diversity!
For the month of October, AbbVie, Inc (ABBV) and AT&T, Inc (T) lead the charge as the most popular stocks among DGI investors this past month. Both companies were purchased by 4 different investors throughout the DGI community. 


The second most popular stock this past month was Altria Group, Inc. (MO). MO was purchased by 3 different investors throughout the DGI community.


The third most popular stock in October was an unprecedented 13-way tie between:   

  1. CVS Health Corp (CVS)
  2. Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY)
  3. Cardinal Health Inc (CAH)
  4. V.F. Corp (VFC)
  5. Nokia Corp ADR (NOK)
  6. Omega Health Care Investors Inc (OHI)
  7. Unilever N.V. Depository Receipt (UNA)
  8. T.Rowe Price Group Inc (TROW)
  9. Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS)
  10. Emera Inc (EMA.TO)
  11. Franco Nevada Corp (FNV)
  12. Flower Foods Inc (FLO)
  13. Gilead Sciences Inc (GILD)
All thirteen companies were purchased by 2 different investors throughout the DGI communityOur family were part this group as we picked up 75 shares of Nokia Corporation ADR (NOK) on October 18th.

Data used for this SUMMARY is from our 


What have you been buying?  Please feel free to share in the comments or send me a link to your Recent Buy post in case I happened to have missed it.


If you have a chance, make sure you also take a look at my COLLECTION OF STOCK ANALYSES!! As with my collection of recent buys, my goal is to make this collection also become a centralized source for everyone. It could become a place where one can get ideas on what to invest in next, to establish a desired stock purchase price, or simply to see what your favorite blogger is buying.  Whatever your reason, my hope is that this collection proves to be a great reference tool and helps provide you that little extra advantage that you are looking for in order to succeed with your investing.

Also, if you have a chance, make sure you also follow or visit Adam over at I Want to Retire Soon (IWTRS) as he provides a weekly summary of recent buys! A link to past summaries is maintained on his blog. Another great resource for ideas if you are not sure where to invest next! 

4 comments:

  1. I'm happy to have been a part of the recent buying last month. I picked up some SO, JCI, UL, ABBV, CAH and VFC too. The last month or so we've been seeing some great buying opportunities that we haven't seen in a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice as usual AFFJ! Keep up the good work and thanks for the continued mention! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wondering what the new administration will mean for the T/TWX potential merger...

    http://TheDividendLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. AFFJ -

    Thank you for sharing, definitely am keeping my eye on some of these! I am curious/keeping my eye on AT&T...

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete