ARLP, BNS, PM, XOM?
We started this series back in November as a way to add some fun to our buying process. We plan to continue doing these Ask the Reader post once a month (except when funds are limited) and will be maintaining the stocks purchased in a separate portfolio just to see how they perform.
The four stocks we have chosen each month are stocks that are at the top of our watch list and thus stocks we would be comfortable buying regardless of the outcome. But we thought it would be fun to get our readers input and see if collectively, we can all beat the market with this interactive portfolio. :)
Below is a chart below of our ASK THE READER purchases to date:
So for each ASK THE READER post, we will select four stocks on our watch list that we feel are worth buying. But to add some fun into our buying process, we have decided to put our faith in our fellow bloggers and readers once a month.
Please spend a few minutes to vote for ONE stock from the four companies listed below. Tell us why you like the stock that you picked.
Thanks in advance for your STOCK PICK!
STOCK #1 Alliance Resource Partners (ARLP)
- Sector: Materials - Metals & Mining
- Market Cap: 2.5 Billion
- Dividend Yield: 7.4%
- Consecutive years of dividend increase: 12 Years
- Paying Dividends Since: 1999
- Payout Ratio: 53%
- P/E Ratio: 7.16
STOCK #2 Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS)
- Sector: Finance - Banking & Savings (Canadian)
- Market Cap: 61.0 Billion
- Dividend Yield: 4.30%
- Consecutive years of dividend increase: 4 Years
- Paying Dividends Since: 1834
- Payout Ratio: 51%
- P/E Ratio: 11.32
STOCK #3 Phillip Morris (PM)
- Sector: Consumer Products - Tobacco
- Market Cap: 122.9 Billion
- Dividend Yield: 5.0%
- Consecutive years of dividend increase: 6 Years
- Paying Dividends Since: 2008
- Payout Ratio: 82%
- P/E Ratio: 16.69
STOCK #4 Exxon Mobil (XOM)
- Sector: Energy - Oil & Gas
- Market Cap: 354.6 Billion
- Dividend Yield: 3.3%
- Consecutive years of dividend increase: 32 Years
- Paying Dividends Since: 1882
- Payout Ratio: 36%
- P/E Ratio: 11.13
**LET US KNOW WHICH STOCK YOU WOULD PICK AND WHY**