New year means a fresh list of NEW goals!!
This past year was a pretty good year for our family. Although our net worth did not grow as much as it had the previous two years, it still felt like we accomplished quite a bit. Albeit smaller steps, we still took few steps towards our ultimate goal of Financial Independence.
Since we didn't start blogging until March of 2014, we did have a list of goals generated last year (at least one that we publicly announced). Nevertheless, the items we considered to be significant accomplishments for us in 2014 were:
- We finished selling all stocks that did not pay a dividend.
- We now own stocks in over 30 companies that pay us a dividend.
- We received more than $2,500 in dividends.
- We have over $17,500 combined our P2P accounts.
- Starting our blog on March 15, 2014.
- Reached over 45,000 views on our blog.
- Created 77 posts on our blog.
- We were approved for Google AdSense in November.
- We now have a twitter account.
- Our mortgage balance has been reduced to $336,849.
- I received a promotion in July of 2014 and more importantly, a roughly 5.5% raise.
We are looking forward to an even more productive 2015. We hope to make significant strides in our dividend stock accounts, P2P accounts, blog, and other financial milestones.
BELOW IS A LIST OF OUR 2015 GOALS
1. Earn $3,000 in dividend income.
2. Increase projected annual dividend income to $3,500.
3. Increase number of holdings to 40 (stocks and/or ETFs).
4. Have a combined $20,000 from both accounts.
5. Maintain an average interest rate of 6.0% or higher (combined).
6. Write at least 84 posts (7 posts / month).
7 Reach 150,000 total hits by end of the year.
8. Increase stock analyses collection to 800+.
9. Cash out my first $100 from Google AdSense.
10. Increase value of retirement accounts to $425,000.
11. Increase Net Worth to $650,000 (excluding home equity).
12. Reduce mortgage balance to $312,000.
We have created a landing page for our 2015 goals and plan to provide quarterly updates. Please feel free to follow along and see our progress!!