Monday, July 28, 2014

I was nominated for a Liebster Award !!


liebster2
 
I was recently nominated for a Liebster Award by Happy, Healthy and Wealthy Girl.  Even though I had no idea what a Liebster Award was, I was still happy to have received the nomination.  
 
In case you are wondering, after doing a quick Google search, I found out exactly what a Liebster Award was all about.
  • The Liebster Award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere.
  • This aware only exists on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
  • It is like a helpful hand for new blogger you like and want others to hear about.
Basic Rules:
  • In order to accept an award, you are supposed to answer 5 questions from the person who nominated you.
  • Then you find your own 5 new blogs to nominate the Liebster Award to and create a list of questions for them.
  • Lastly, post your Liebster Award proudly on your blog for all to see.

Thank you Happy, Healthy and Wealthy Girl for the nomination!!

 

Here are my answers to the questions from Happy, Healthy and Wealthy Girl:
 
1. Your favorite vacation spot
Although it has been awhile since we have visited Hawaii, I must say that it is one of my favorite all time places to visit.  Doesn't matter which island we visit, it always feels like a vacation in Hawaii.
 
2. Your first stock
My first stock purchase was in Sprint PCS (before it had merged with Nextel). 
 
3. Your worst and best investment
My worst investment was in Sirius Radio just before the Howard Stern deal (thinking the deal would boost the stock - I did just the opposite).  My best investment has to be in B of A (immediately following the banking crisis & bailout).  I bought a ton of B of A shares at around $5 and in roughly a year, I had doubled my money.
 
4. Do you have pets? 
We do not have any pets.  Growing up with also frugal parents, I only had a pet fish and turtle.  I may do the same with my kids. :)
 
5. What will you do if you win a lottery tomorrow? 
If I won the lottery tomorrow, I would pay off our only remaining debt (our home!). But since I rarely play the lottery (tax on the poor as Dave Ramsey calls it), I guess my chances of winning is pretty slim. :)
For my nomination I pick
1. Dividend Diplomats 
2. Dividendasaur 
3. Wallet Engineers 
4. Starting From Zero
5. A Dividend Dream
 
My Questions for my nominees:
1. What is your main reason for blogging?
2. Who is the one person you admire the most? Why?
3. How close would you say you are from retirement (percentage)?
4. What would you do with $10,000? 
5. What is your favorite book of all time?

No comments:

Post a Comment